Celebrature Art Competition
Puzzles of Color announces our first art competition! Artists of Color from around the world are invited to submit their best original artwork on the theme for the chance to have their art featured on a puzzle. All types of art styles may be submitted; including but not limited to: painting, digital, photography, graphic, mixed media, as well as experimental works.
The theme of this art competition is CELEBRATURE. “Celebrature'' is a CELEBRAtion of culTURE. Artists are free to apply their own interpretation in representing the overall theme.
Conditions for Participation
Representational and abstract ideas based broadly on this theme, in any media, will be considered. Please note that you must be an Artist of Color who is at least 15 years of age in order to participate. See competition rules for more details.
Eligible Entries will be judged by Sponsors’ designated representative(s) (collectively “Judges”). BUT NOTE THAT THEY MAY BE REVIEWED ON A ROLLING BASIS AS THEY ARE RECEIVED. All eligible Entries will be judged by the Judges, who will select ten (10) finalists, the top 2 winners will be determined by audience vote. Entries will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Interpretation and the clarity of the theme, to the viewer.
- Creativity, uniqueness, and originality of the depicted theme.
- Quality of artistic composition and overall design based on the theme.
- Color and tone. Balance of image within its space. Color variations within the image make an easier puzzle.
- Overall impression of the art. What is the effect of the artwork in general and as a whole?
- Overall, does the artwork stand on its own as a complete and outstanding work of art?
The deadline for submission is April 10th, 2023.
Awards & Prizes
The Top Two Winners will receive the following:
- $800 Cash Prize
- Reproduction of art into a limited edition puzzle
- Feature in a Vibin' With podcast episode
- Promotional marketing across Puzzles of Color email and socials
All 10 finalists will be given professionally designed Certificates of Recognition.